Re: More problems with Debian and list SPAM

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 09:37, Manfred Wassmann wrote:

> Just google for some message that appeared on a debian list, take the
> sender address and use it as the fake sender of your spam.

But spammers don't do that, at least not yet. Solve today's problem
today, so long as it doesn't make tomorrow's worse.

tmda and like will work today. Two years from now, they may not. That
doesn't mean that we didn't have peace from spam for two years.

The only way we can absolutely prevent spam is to require all messages
to be signed, and that all mails be validated against the debian
keyring. I don't think that is a good idea.

Ultimately, what we need is to make bounty hunting spammers legal, so
long as they are brought in dead.