Re: It's Huntin' Season

 Thomas> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
 >> We are not waffling abpout this. We are talking about a very
 >> distinct set of files: those that live in /etc/emacs*/site-start.d/
 >> There is absolutely no ambiguity at all.

 Thomas> But those files very frequently do not contain configuration, but are
 Thomas> straightfoward programs.

	If they are merely programs, why are they being invoked at
 startup? I would posit that the ``program'' part of the file belongs
 in with the package propoer, and the invocation, which can be
 overridden is the only thing that should be in /etc/emacs*/site-start.d

	Sounds like a failure of the developer to partition the
 configuration from the non config parts.

	manoj
--
 ...and report cards I was always afraid to show Mama'd come to school
 and as I'd sit there softly cryin' Teacher'd say he's just not tryin'