Re: Proposed New Incoming System

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 08:24:45PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"James" == James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:
>
>  James> [*] is ACCEPT and when list notification and bug closure occurs
>  James> [+] is INSTALL and when maintainer/uploader notification occurs
>
> 	Should bug closures wait until INSTALL, rather than merely
>  when the package is accepted? That way, when a bug is closed, the
>  package is accessible by ordinary means (I understand the rationale
>  behind closing bugs when packages are accepted, since they are then
>  available publicly, albeit from an unusual location unlikely to be in
>  sources.list).

I think James outlined the reasons for this. Sounds perfectly safe to
me.

Just think, that just because the mirror pulse starts, doesn't mean it
is available to everyone's sources.list anyway (mirrors can take 24
hours or more to sync).

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '