Re: Building GMT - could somebody verify this problem?

Hi Richard,

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 01:17:04AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:

> I took a quick look at it seems that the configure script manages to
> build a "conftest" binary that has:
>
>   RPATH       $(libdir)
>
> (Literally "$(libdir)", not whatever you would expect libdir to be.
> It must be a quoting error.)

Thanks, Richard. You saved me a lot of time and headaches. I was seeing
that "$(libdir)" in config.log and expected it would have been
replaced by /usr/lib during the build. And, indeed, I have to get rid
of it. Seems like it got introduced in the latest upstream revision since
I only checked building and running it at that time without problems.

> Since it's a Debian package, you probably want to smack it on the head
> until it stops setting rpath, anyway :)  But changing the quotes should
> work.

Yes, I'll do that. Might take a bit more time then flagging the conffiles
but it's at least that serious a policy violation.

All the best

	Torsten