Re: [RFC] GNU autoconf and dpkg-architecture

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:37:36PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Autoconf 2.52 states that it will compare --build and --host, and
> enter crosscompiling mode only if they differ.

Ah, I did not notice that they document that explicitely, so I was not sure
how reliable this is (I saw that it is handled this way in the code).  It
makes entirely sense to handle it that way, of course.  In this case, I agree
completely, and my special 2.52 case was unnecessary.

I am sorry for making a bit more fuss over this than was necessary.  If
someone else had pointed out the official documentation earlier in the
thread, it could have been avoided :)  But I don't think any harm was done
(unless somebody was strangled by all those safety belts).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de