Re: It's Huntin' Season

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 10:25:31AM +0000, Nick Phillips wrote:

> I conclude that it is not intended to be taken absolutley literally, and
> therefore that things are not as cut-and-dried, and "clear", as you seem
> to be implying.

Indeed.  This thread has been rather amusing for the number of times
one person or another would claim "it's obvious!", "clear", etc.

If it were so clear, then we wouldn't have so many intelligent folks
arguing contrary positions!

The docs (policy, FHS, etc) clearly are not obvious.  :-)  To take a
single example: using "conffile" as a technical term distinct from
"config. file" is just asking for confusion.

-S

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,