Re: kernel-* package names

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 08:05:29PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:32:02AM +1100, Paul Hampson wrote:
> > How about 'kernel-source' virtual package, that by default grabs
> > the appropriate source for your arch?
>
> Even if it would be possible, it would be a terrible mistake.
> The kernel sources do not provide "equivalent functionality".
> Whatever that means for source packages.

True. I was thinking more for transitional use.
Although they do all provide a kernel to run your OS on....

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.