Re: splitting xpdf and copyright problems

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 04:08:41AM -0500, Mark Eichin wrote:
> Knows what about them in particular? I'm pretty sure I've seen them in
> debian before, and in fact: apt-cache search finds hbf-jfs56 for
> fangsong in GB2312 encoding, but only as bitmaps and config for

Thanks for the suggestions, guess I didn't look hard enough.

> Are the non-free files just mappings from character values to
> postscript character names? If so, perhaps something in
> gsfonts-wadalab-mincho or gs-cjk-resource might help...

They are just character mappings. Unfortunately, both
the gs-cjk-resource package and also the cmap-adobe-*
packages just contain the same files from Adobe,
so those packages too are in non-free.
gsfonts-wadalab-mincho is in main though so I'll look
into that in more details.

thanks,
Hamish