splitting xpdf and copyright problems

xpdf 1.0 has just been released, and it has its language support
seperate from the main package. Previously, Chinese (simplified
and traditional) and Japanese were included in the main package.

I'm working on splitting up the xpdf package anyway so this
is not big problem; I have a meta-package which includes all
of the old functionality so that the upgrade is seamless.

HOWEVER, the new Chinese and Japanese packages include some
files from Adobe which I guess are non-free:

[....]
%%Copyright: Permission is granted for redistribution of this file
%%Copyright: provided this copyright notice is maintained intact and
%%Copyright: that the contents of this file are not altered in any
%%Copyright: way from its original form.
[....]

Thus, these language support packages will have to go in
non-free, and since xpdf is in main, the upgrade won't be
seamless -- Chinese and Japanese support is going to disappear.

The Adobe-supplied files are character maps. Most of the languages
supported by xpdf use them, but not all.

I can't see a solution but I'm open to ideas. Quickly please as
I'd like to upload within 24 hours.

For what it's worth, here's the complete list of post-split xpdf packages;
there's some new languages supported.

xpdf (meta package)
xpdf-reader (split from xpdf)
xpdf-utils (split from xpdf)
xpdf-chinese-simplified (split from xpdf)
xpdf-chinese-traditional (split from xpdf)
xpdf-cyrillic (new)
xpdf-japanese (split from xpdf)
xpdf-korean (new)
xpdf-thai (new)

By the way, I'm also wondering if anyone knows about the following
X fonts, which seem to be requested by some of the languages:

Simplified Chinese:
-*-fangsong ti-medium-r-normal-*-%s-*-*-*-*-*-gb2312.1980-0

Korean:
-*-mincho-medium-r-normal-*-%s-*-*-*-*-*-ksc5601.1987-0

thanks,
Hamish