Re: Debian is slower than time (was: adrian's 2.4.x packages)

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:46:31AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 07:31:16PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > martin f krafft wrote:
> > > which is a little ridiculous i find. i am wondering if debian wants my
> > > energy as a contributor, or if i want to be a debian developer. kind
> > > of reminds me of the donations process that i just walked someone
> > > through. it's more like someone has to work to donate to debian, not
> > > like debian wants them to donate and helps.
> > That's just FUD.
>
> Especially considering martin applied just a week ago, and only got an
> advocate the other day. It seems a bit premature to already be bitching
> about how horribly long all this takes.
>
> And yes, if you want to be able to donate directly to Debian (by uploading
> packages), you *do* have to work: you absolutely *have* to prove to
> our satisfaction that you're capable of handling the responsibility
> that goes with being able to upload any package in the distribution
> completely unsupervised.

I'll have to agree with you completelly on this one. I've been in the Process
for over 2-3 (lost track!) months now [officially and not so officially].
Personally, I don't mind wating a bit and have someone sponsor my packages..

It would be nice to be able to contribute faster, but then life goes on...
And it's better to "discourage" 50 people if one is not going to slip through
that would do somethine _not_ Right.

- Adam