Re: Proposed virtual packages: mixer and mixer-x

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 06:31:19PM -0500, David B Harris <eelf@sympatico.ca> wrote...
> So, in accordance with virtual-package-names-list.txt, I'm starting out
> by sending this letter to debian-devel@lists.debian.org (to which I am
> of course subscribed ;), and suggesting the creation of two new virtual
> packages, which I believe should be in the "Graphics and Multimedia"
> section of the list, though that has no relevance to packaging itself.
>
> mixer: Utility to control the input and output levels of a sound card.
> Either a command-line interface or a text/console interface is required.
> mixer-x: Utility to control the input and output levels of a sound card.
> An X11-based interface is required.

I second your idea to create virtual packages with these functions.
But the names should be carefully discussed. So, my 2 candidates:
"audio-mixer" and "x-audio-mixer". Makes it more clear that we are talking
about audio and the x- scheme fits better with x-window-manager and
x-terminal-emulator.

--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF