Re: facilitating donations

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:18:00AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:10:16AM -0600, Scott M. Dier wrote:
> > Andreas Metzler wrote:
>
> > >at least EUR 7,-. The EU commission is going to force the banks to
>
> > Is that even when the money is deposited to/from accounts based in euro?
> >  Or is this from local money->euro->local money, or what?  I'm really
> > confused. :)
>
> The euro /is/ the local money now in the aforementioned countries.

So, they're essentially charging you an exchange fee for converting Euro
to Euro.

The United States clearly does not contain 100% of the world's venal
bastards.  (Just most of them.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I just wanted to see what it looked
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    like in a spotlight.