Re: Debian Password Manager

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 14:44, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2002 11:25:34 -0500
> Scott Henson <shenson2@wvu.edu> wrote:
>
> > The Dedian Password Manager is coming to the point where we are going to
> > start developing it.  Now we would like a general consensus on the name
> > for it since we need to name the bianary and other things.  Currently it
> > is at dpasman.sf.net  We are looking for sujestions and advice.
> > Thankyou for any help.
> the webpage has nothing... what's this all about? I don't remember
> reading about this on -devel, any reference?

This project is basically a response to the fact that gpasman has been
abandoned upstream.  There was a thread earlier about filing for removal
of gpasman.  It was descided that we should adopt it and turn it into
debian password manager.  A few other people and I descided that we were
gonna take it upon our selves to do that.  We have been discusing the
project a while now.  We will be posting what we have descided on what
we are gonna do.  We have descided that we are basically going to throw
out the gpasman code.  We just want to know what people think a good
name would be. Thanks

--
-Scott Henson

shenson2@wvu.edu

 "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty: power is ever stealing from
the many to the few.  The manna of popular liberty must be gathered each
day, or it is rotten... The hand entrusted with power becomes, either
from human depravity or esprit de corps, the necessary enemy of the
people.  Only by continual oversight can the democrat in office be
prevented from hardening into a despot: only by unintermitted agitation
can a people be kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty
be smothered in material prosperity... Never look, for an age when the
people can be quiet and safe.  At such times despotism, like a shrouding
mist, steals over the mirror of Freedom"
- Wendell Phillips