Re: Release-critical Bugreport for January 25, 2002

I was looking at the RC bug list...

BugScan reporter <bugscan@debian.org> wrote:

> Package: imagemagick (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Ryuichi Arafune <arafune@debian.org>
>   123133 defendguin_0.0.8-1(alpha/unstable): fails to build

This bug (and merged #126968) might have been of severity serious when
filed against defendguin (because it failed to build when a call to
mogrify failed), but it's not a severity serious bug against
imagemagick, since only one of its many commands fails on a small subset
of files.  It would make no sense to keep all of imagemagick out of
woody because mogrify fails on _certain_ XPM files.

I would downgrade this bug when filed against imagemagick.

defendguin still needs an RC bug against it because it doesn't build
from source, but a minor or normal bug in one package shouldn't be
escalated to 'serious' because another package uses that feature at
build-time.  Right?

This is only my two cents.  Do you guys agree?  Or is this standard
Debian procedure and I'm off the wall?

Thanks,

Peter