Re: woody: Remaining RC bugs in base system

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 09:41:01PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> Such is the way of the freeze, I think.  This will have to happen at some
> point when new versions of base packages stop flowing into testing.  Either
> unstable will have to be frozen as well (in which case, we have missed part
> of the point of testing) or packages will have to be compiled against woody.

If packages that are frozen just stay frozen and don't get people
starting to upload incompatible new versions this wouldn't be a problem.
If packages are going to start getting new incompatible versions then
aren't we going to start getting back to an old-style freeze but without
the ability to upload to frozen (making bug fixing a bit hard)?