Re: calling all ports: what is your endianness?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 07:59:43PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > >   Shouldn't this be a configure test?
>
> In my opinion, OF COURSE it should be a configure test.  However, it
> is not.  The Boost authors appear to suffer from various phobias about
> external software.  If you want to argue with them, head over to
> www.boost.org and sign up to the boost mailing list.

If you ask how better to do something in a wrong way, you should
*expect* people to tell you to how do it the right way instead of
contributing to an error.

I'd question the competency of the list if nobody offered a real fix.

> All I asked for was some information, not a discussion about software
> engineering.

Sometimes you get stuff you didn't ask for; get used to it.  Biting off
the heads of those offering suggestions is a bad idea.

--
Glenn Maynard