Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 10:40:06PM +0100, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> was heard to say:
> You completely missed the point. Branden did not say that this was
> necessary to get X running but he showed a valid working
> example-configuration of X running without _locally_ installed
> X-fonts which clearly shows that X does not depend on _locally_
> installed X-fonts. Therefore it is evident that xserver-xfree86.deb
> must not depend on xfonts-base.
>
> Suggests: xfonts-base of xserver-common is the correct relation.

  I think Recommends would be more appropriate -- unless you know what
you're doing, not installing xfonts-base will break things.  (or, as the
policy manual says, the two packages will be installed together in most,
but not all, installations)

  But I'm not (thank God) the xfree86 maintainer.

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|               I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.                |