Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 07:11:09PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> Principle tools needed by either wdm, or wmaker, (I haven't figured out
> which) are provided by xbase-clients, which is not installed during the
> dist-upgrade...

Please find out which and what and file a bug.  wdm was changed to depend on
xutils instead of xbase-clients, which implies that it only used things
which moved to that package.  If this is not the case, it is a simple matter
of a missing dependency.

> My current question is: How much of this is going to be fixed in the final
> release, and how much should I discuss in my book?

All of this should be fixed.  Filing bugs is a good step down that path.

--
 - mdz