Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 07:11:09PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> man: replaced by man-db and becomes a virtual package. apt-get removes it
>      and fails to replacy it with man-db.

Good grief, man-db hasn't been called man since rex! Something else must
be going on - I'd appreciate seeing logs. It could be a result of the
groff reorganization. Perhaps apt somehow fails to realize that it needs
to install groff-base? The dependencies are, as far as I know, correct.

At least some of the problems you report have been mentioned on
debian-user too, such as this one and the removal of xbase-clients.
Nobody that I've seen has yet come up with a log of 'apt-get -o
Debug::pkgProblemResolver=1 dist-upgrade'.