Re: Orphaning CFS

Le Thursday 17 January 2002 à 10:50:09, Ola Lundqvist a écrit:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 02:49:15PM +1100, Chris Leishman wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If anyone is interested in taking over the maintainence of CFS, it is up for
> > grabs.  I don't have the time lately nor do I use it often enough.
>
> Have you filed a bug to the BTS to, or?
>
> If there is an active upstream I might be interested but I do not know
> if I have enough time... I'd like to test it some first. But it seems
> to be a nice project. :)

It would be nice to have a new maintainer for cfs (I may volunteer, just
let me know).

I have a patch [1] for:
    #44516: cfs: cfs filesystem is not 8bit-clean
    #63487: Support for extended character sets

The problem of my patch is that it changes the filename ciphering
scheme in a incompatible way with an unpatched version. So you will have
to decipher all your files and recypher them using the patched version.

I don't know if an automatic conversion program (that will just convert
the filenames) is worth the trouble.

This patch should not weaken the filename ciphering.

Bye,

[1] http://www.gemplus.fr/developers/technologies/smartsession/cfs_patch.html

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau@free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le Camembert, L.R. --