ITP?: perl Mcrypt module

I'm thinking of uploading a Perl module I have packaged that provides a binding
for libmcrypt. There is no actual encryption code in the module, just an
interface that is dynamically linked to libmcrypt.

So I'm wondering:

1. Would this be required to be non-US? (I think it probably is, because it
depends on libmcrypt.)

2. Is it export controlled from the US? It doesn't seem like it is to me, given
that there is no actual encryption code in the module, either in the source,
or the binary.

The package can be found here:
http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/