Re: Vanishing /usr/doc symlink

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 06:32:11PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> So it's better that base-files restores /usr/doc in woody ASAP, if
> it's still possible to do so.
> Question for AJ: Would a new upload of base-files for unstable and
> woody-proposed-updates would reach testing in a reasonable amount of
> time or should we look for other alternatives?

(a) It's still possible to.
(b) Don't upload the same package to w-p-u and unstable.
(c) An upload to unstable with medium urgency will make it into testing
    after it's spend 10 days without getting any RC bugs filed against it.
    Since we've already had a couple of months with the current behaviour,
    an extra ten days shouldn't cause too much more pain, and will hopefully
    make sure replacing the directory won't cause too much damage.

(To be a bit clearer, an upload with the changelog header
"base-files (3.1) unstable; urgency=medium" should be fine)

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/