Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 07:36:26PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:

>   When I received the bug report, I immediately worked with debian-boot
>   people and everything was fixed a few days later, although nothing had
>   broken in _testing_. I do considered that everything was prepared in order
>   not to break boot-floppies from testing.
>   What's wrong with this?

_i_ think you did a fine job, given the circumstance.

i don't think most people are aware of all the things that touch and
affect boot-floppies, and it is perhaps unreasonable to assume that each
maintainer _should_ be aware that they affect boot-floppies.

i think the greatest mistake was the _assumption_ that b-f is built
against testing, and thus any upload to unstable would not affect b-f,
until the package moves into testing that is.

-john