Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >   As the python-xml maintainer, I think that I have the right to react
> >   on this lie.
> >
> >   The bug submitter decided to build boot-floppies with the python2.1-xml
> >   from unstable instead of the one from testing. AFAIK, boot-floppies
> >   must be built against packages in testing rather that tose from
> >   unstable.
> >
> >   This would have never happened if they had been built correctly.
>
> I'm sorry, but that is not a reasonable attitude.

> All developers of packages who can potentially affect the boot floppies
> (and that includes all of base, and all of their very large build dep
> set) should give the needs of the boot floppies priority, with the only
> higher priority being fixing RC bugs, if they're interested in helping
> debian release at all.

  Joey, please check the BTS or the debian-boot list before going further.
  When I received the bug report, I immediately worked with debian-boot
  people and everything was fixed a few days later, although nothing had
  broken in _testing_. I do considered that everything was prepared in order
  not to break boot-floppies from testing.
  What's wrong with this?

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>
              <jerome@marant.org>