Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:

Hi Adrian,

> New upstream versions might be buggy or they might simply break other
> pacakges, like e.g. the latest version of python2.1-xml that caused some
> breakage in boot-floppies (see #127405).

  As the python-xml maintainer, I think that I have the right to react
  on this lie.

  The bug submitter decided to build boot-floppies with the python2.1-xml
  from unstable instead of the one from testing. AFAIK, boot-floppies
  must be built against packages in testing rather that tose from
  unstable.

  This would have never happened if they had been built correctly.

--
Jérôme Marant