Re: [kde] setting an /opt precedent

My point is that often, in these large systems, you need both
systems in parallel, simultaneously, both for developers and users.

You can't just say: "we'll only have one version of nautilus installed
at once", for example; people, particularly on shared systems will need
both versions available simultaneously.

With advance planning, such projects can mitigate, but not eliminate
these problems.  Shared libraries have both helped and hurt
this situation....

And I think Debian owes the KDE packaging folks some guidance on
if not /opt, then where....
			- Jim

--
Jim Gettys