Re: another reason why requiring NMs to be sponsored is a bad idea

Jules Bean, on 2002-01-17, 11:43, you wrote:
> > Here's a list of packages that have been requested (so presumably can't be
> > considered useless): http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/requested
>
> *nods*
>
> My point was only that it isn't helpful if our process is encouraging
> maintainers to package something they don't really find useful, for
> the sake of doing something; when their time might be better spent
> helping with under-maintained or buggy packages.

That was my intention, too. I think the NM pages should be clearer about
what NM-applicants should package and that there should be guide lines
about which packages can be sponsored and that other packages should
be postponed in favour of say the ones listed on the RFP pages. I believe
that more applicants could be sponsored by following such guide lines.

Joerg

--
Joerg "joergland" Wendland
GPG: 51CF8417 FP: 79C0 7671 AFC7 315E 657A  F318 57A3 7FBD 51CF 8417