Re: BUG: Quake2 and mailcap file (mime-support)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Pete Ryland wrote:

I solve the small space problem in /tmp this way.

/tmp is a real directory, and exists on the root filesystem.  This allows boot
programs to create temp files.

Upon bootup, I bind mount /tmp to some other place, that has lots of place.
This allows larger programs after booting to create larger files.  This only
works on linux 2.4, however.  It's done with the following entry in
/etc/fstab:

/home.local/tmp /tmp            none    bind    0       0