Re: serious bug. Evolution and Microsoft mentality.

le mer 09-01-2002 à 09:16, Jonathan Walther a écrit :

> Let's see.  Then there is the "bug" with GnuPG signatures not being
> verified correctly due to a Quoted Printable problem.  The answer to
> that one was "The problem is the fault of one of our libraries, and it
> isn't changing anytime soon, so this is not a bug".

*This* is the real problem with Evolution. It should use another GnuPG
system. Evolution's behavior with mboxes is the right thing to do, as
mboxes need to be locked.

FYI, Evo handles perfectly Maildir trees, including those with symlinks,
and can be used along with another MUA.

> "the code does things this way; ergo it's not a bug" just SCARES me.  I
> feel like GNOME is just going to return us to the land of Microsoft,

Calm down. Evolution is free software, that makes a huge difference with
Microsoft software.

`. `'