Re: Appropriate? mutt/mailx requires mail-transport-agent

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 02:13:02PM -0800, elf@florence.buici.com wrote:
> I'm working on a diskless workstation configuration where I don't want
> mailers running on each machine, though users may have access to the
> mail spool through nfs.  Is it appropriate for apt-get to coerce exim
> to be installed when I only need a reader?  Is this a problem about
> finding the smtp agent?

Thanks for the replies.  I believe that my confusion was founded in
the idea that an MTA both sends and receives mail.  The ssmtp package
is an appropriate provider for the sendmail portion of the
mail-transport-agent without the corresponding burden of a local mail
receiver.

Cheers.