Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 09:25:22AM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:
>
> > If there isn't good enough free software to do what you want, then
> > help it become a reality!
>
> Yes but hiding free software doesn't help that. No -- making free
> software and useable option for users of closed software helps
> bringing more people to the open source world.
>
> The free/open source revolution hasn't happend yet. We can't just stop
> expanding our userbase and think we got enough impact. By making free
> software useable on any system helps the free software movement.
>
> Free software for Windows can only be a win for the free software
> community.

I disagree.  I think free software for windows only serves as an enabler for
people using windows to stay on windows.  After all, if all the free software
they need is available for windows, then why switch to a free OS?

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>