Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:54:05AM +0100, Peter Mathiasson wrote:

> Well, at that time there where no free kernel, so therefore making free
> software for non-free kernels was the only way to go. Not everyone
> wants to make a kernel.

Not everyone likes to make video redering software or some other other
stuff thats almost only windows/mac bussnins today either. So that
argument are as good for the win32 port as against it.

> Theese days we have two free kernels supported by Debian, why support a
> non-free?

Does that two kernel support and work in all the sameways as the win32
or sunos kernel? Of by that way the aix kernel. In my world they don't
and as long as this is the situation, there are need for free-software
on non-free os:es.

/Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969