Re: Debian lists and Cc'ing people in replies in addition to the list

> > Sorry, but I don't think that my life is improved at all by these
> > actions of him.
>
> And my life isn't improved by spam[1] in my inbox.  Neither is yours.
> While it's possible that people on whom I take this corrective action
> will only stop CC'ing me on list mails, and continue to CC anyone and
> everyone else, I think the odds are good that they'll stop doing it
> generally.  So, yeah, you do benefit.  This isn't to say that this
> benefit isn't outweighed by the emotional distress you experience when
> reading one of my complaints.  Maybe it is.  If so, I kindly ask that
> you not take my flames personally until and unless they're directed at
> you.
>
> [1] defined here as redundant or unwanted email

It seems that your approach has not been working.  Why not try writing a
few procmail rules to do some filter?  For instance:

	$MAILDIR/debian-devel

	:0
	* (^TO|^CC:.*)debian-devel@lists.debian.org
	/dev/null

Personally, I find that getting personal copies is useful when dealing
with slow mail servers: by the time the original reply is delivered, I
may have already traded several mails with someone and resolved the
problem.

Happily, the turn around time on lists.debian.org is quite good,
however, other servers, such as mail.gnu.org, have been known to take as
long as 30 minutes to deliver to everyone that is subscribed.