Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 11:48:40PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > As far as I kept track of it, we are talking about the last stage of the
> > application, the DAM approval.  At this time, the applicant already has
> > given proof of his capabilities.
>
> The applicant's given evidence that an AM thinks is acceptable for
> inclusion into Debian. The quality of AM's varies, I'm not sure by
> how much. Some are incredibly good; at least in the past some haven't
> been. The DAM's there to judge whether the AM's right, and the applicant's
> evidence suffices for proof, or not. AIUI, you don't even have to be a
> developer yourself to be an AM.

We are talking about the case where the AM has recommended that the
applicant gets an account in december last year.  It's in my personal
opinion extremely unfair that the applicant gets no answer from the DAM
while other applicants get their accounts within a few days after their AM
recommended them. You can always discuss the quality of the AMs and
whether an applicant should really become a developer but it's a minimum
amount of fairness I expect for someone who has already dedicated parts of
his spare time for Debian that he gets told that he was rejected and why
he was rejected instead of silently ignoring him.

> Cheers,
> aj

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400