Re: [OT] lazy maintainers

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 07:02:52AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 05:33:57AM -0500, Jared Johnson wrote:
> > I reiterate again that it has not yet affected any debian release.
> > Mozilla is a key feature in Debian.  Key Debian developers, Myth not the
> > least of them, will make sure that it is included in a sufficiently
> > stable form if this is at all possible.  Branden took some time to
> > release X 4 packages into the world...
>
> Not so fast, Kemosabe.  XFree86 4.1 was released on June 2nd and I had
> my first experimental .debs available 10 days later, on June 12th.
>
> I don't particularly care to take a position on whether mozilla should
> be appropriated from Myth or not, but I resent your reckless analogies
> to me and my packages.

You have also been kind enough to let people know your plans.  Its
easy to tell your working on your packages, mozilla on the other hand
there is simply no evidence whatsoever that any effort is being made.

that is what annoys me more, that there is no indication whatsoever as
to what the mozilla plan is. so all we are left with is looking at
history, and history indicates that we are looking at another 8+ month
wait.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/