Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 04:22:21PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 07:32:00PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > I've not volunteered to do any "job". At the moment, I'm maintaining a
> > bunch of packages, and trying to coordinate the release, and various other
> > Debian related things. Tomorrow I might not be. I'm not going to promise
> > to spend the rest of my life doing this; I'm not even going to promise
> > I'm going to spend the rest of the week doing this. I'm not even going to
> > offer you a week or even a day's notice of when I get sick of this. If I
> > get fed up with Debian gradually, I'm not even going to promise you zero
> > day's notice: it may well take a month or more's inactivity before I even
> > realise I'm fed up with Debian and that you can all go screw yourselves.
> >
> > If you and others can't accept that, well, I'm outta here. I'm not going
> > to take being called dishonourable and a liar and a bade developer and
> > whatever else, because I had the gall to try improving Debian.
>
> Is it just me, or are these two paragraphs completely incoherent?!

Then let me simplify it. If the consensus is that it's not worth accepting
the contribution of those members of the project who aren't willing to
treat this as a job, then I'm happy to stop contributing. Personally,
it's my hobby, and I, personally, will have absolutely nothing to do
with with people who think they can make demands on my time.

Cheers,
aj