Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 08:24:58AM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> > The Packages file should be in ASCII. UTF-8 will not become dominant for
> > many years now, and even then, it will still be useful to be able to read
> > the Packages file across 7-bit links on 1973 terminals sometimes. English
> > (at least Debian package level English, as opposed to fine typesetting)
> > doesn't need UTF-8.
>
> This is very true!
>
> (My opinion on UTF-8 extension of Packages file is _limited to_
> future Description-<language> field.)

Can't we start the support of this Description-<language> fields or
Package-<language> files?

Where should we start? Have we a proposal for this?

Gruss
Grisu
"Ein Computer ist nunmal ein Hochgeschwindigkeitstrottel."
                  -- Jens Dittmar in de.comp.os.unix.linux.newusers