Re: support for multilingual Packages files?

Hi,

At Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:14:41 +0200,
Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> wrote:

> > What's the point of having it in Swedish? Nobody gains anything by having
>
> because it is for Swedes. Their english might not be that good, and
> having description in Swedish will be more clear.

We, Japanese developers, provides many Japanese-oriented Debian
packages with _English_ description.  This is meaningful.  Sometimes
we receive bug reports and questions about these packages from
foreigners who start to study Japanese.  Like this, giving English
description on your Swedish software is meaningful.

And more, default Description field should be written in ASCII
character for compatibility.  Otherwise you will not be able to
run dselect with your favorite console / X terminal emulator.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/