Re: real LSB compliance

>>"Sam" == Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> writes:

 Sam> As Joey pointed out, LSB didn't use prefixes for init script names
 Sam> because they believed people would be annoyed if init script names
 Sam> were too long/had prefixes.  If you want people to consider your
 Sam> suggestion seriously, you should get the distributions to agree that
 Sam> prefixes are OK, or in some other way demonstrate that their concern
 Sam> was unjustified.

	It would be far better if non vendor LSB conformant add ons
 were the ones which had a mandatory prefix. I suspect that lsb.2001-
 would'nt be a common prefix for init files in most distributions.

	Rationale: on most machines, there are way more vendor init
 scripts than there are third party init scripts.

	manoj
--
 The garden is in mourning; The rain falls cool among the
 flowers. Summer shivers quietly On its way towards its end.  Golden