Re: LSB bastards

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>  LSB packages are allowed to depend on "lsb".  Nothing else.  That
>  hideous misfeature of RPM can't be used by a LSB conformant package.

No, read the passage closely:

--
Packages must depend on a dependency "lsb". They may not depend on other
system-provided dependencies. If a package includes "Provides" it must

They key thing is 'system-provided dependencies'. I can make a group of
related LSB packages that interdepend, and I can use file depends to do it
with.

Jason