Re: debian lists on usenet?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 09:54:07PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> I noticed on google that debian.* newsgroups exist, into which the
> mailingslists seem to be replicated. Is there a debian machine somewhere
> that I can pull those groups from?

Hi Bas.  We don't run our own gateway between mailing lists and
newsgroups.  I remember an announcement of a public NNTP server that
carried such newsgroups.  I think it was in .jp, but I don't remember,
nor do I remember the machine name.  If you have the resources you're
probably better off just setting up your own news server and gateway.
Use the newsgate package from non-free and whatever news server you want
(provided it supports local groups, unlike e.g. leafnode).

noah