Re: [RFC] apt-localepurge - automagically removing unnecessary locale files

mdz@debian.org (Matt Zimmerman) writes:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 05:50:45AM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
>
> > mdz@debian.org (Matt Zimmerman) writes:

> > > Look at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf for an example.
> > >
> > Close, but no cigar... ;-)
>
> Pardon?  To what are you referring?  I was directing you to this line:
>
> DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};
>
> which demonstrates how to ensure that your program won't cause apt to abort,
> even if it exits with an error or doesn't exist.

Yes, but i wanted as well get rid of the /bin/sh error message

       sh: /usr/sbin/apt-localepurge: No such file or directory

which wouldn't disappear this way.  But you actually put me on the
right track to use a simple if/then construction testing for the
existence of "/usr/sbin/apt-localepurge".  So in rreality you do
deserve the cigar... ;-)

> If you want people to look at it, you should probably post the URL again, as
> most folks won't bother searching through the mail archives to find the message
> where you gave it the first time.

/me forgot that probably not everybody uses mail2news to read the
debian mailing lists via a local newsserver which allows for easy
searching of past messages.  So here is the /etc/apt/sources.list
entry again:

    deb ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian unofficial/
    deb-src ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian unofficial/

The files are now available as well via traditional http from

               "http://ntama.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig/debian/";

                                 Thanks, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------