Re: [RFC] apt-localepurge - automagically removing unnecessary locale files

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 01:21:19PM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> Hmm, i'd feel *much* saver explicitly deleting *only* what i
> consciously defined as deletable. ;-)

True; there's often miscellanous junk in the /usr/share/locale
directory (KDE's l10n directory, for example). OTOH, you're always
going to have new locales show up that weren't taken into
consideration - of course, since they will be almost empty at first,
it's more a aesthetic consideration than anything else.

> An option might be to delete the locale files based on a list
> generated from "/etc/locale.gen".

I'm uncomfortable with just using locale.gen, since there may be
locales you want to keep in /usr/share/locale that aren't in
locale.gen. (Like eo, which has gone in and out of locale.gen
recently.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and