Re: speed of LDAP?

Quoting Brian May <bam@debian.org>:

>     Wichert> Previously Brian May wrote:
>     >> For me, the version is stable is much faster then unstable.
>     >> This is the main reason I am concerned.
>
>     Wichert> Try adding these two lines to your slapd.conf:
>
>     Wichert> index objectClass eq index uid eq
>
> Good suggestion - that is just the sort of thing I was looking
> for. Just remember to put it at the bottom of the slapd.conf file, not
> the top...
>
> Much much better:

I get the absolute opposite (using OpenLDAP, v1.2.11):

w/ 'index objectClass eq'
=========================
[papadoc.pts/9]$ time id
[...]
real    0m13.326s
user    0m0.020s
sys     0m0.000s
[papadoc.pts/9]$ time w
[...]
real    0m11.333s
user    0m0.050s
sys     0m0.060s

w/o 'index objectClass eq'
==========================
[papadoc.pts/9]$ time id
[...]
real    0m0.278s
user    0m0.020s
sys     0m0.000s
[papadoc.pts/9]$ time w
[...]
real    0m0.946s
user    0m0.080s
sys     0m0.060s

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are

bomb class struggle Noriega 747 DES $400 million in gold bullion BATF
quiche Semtex Iran CIA domestic disruption World Trade Center security
South Africa