Re: Recent Woody upgrade, TeTeX, XFree86, and Mozilla

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Joey Hess wrote:

> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > 1. The Debconf errors reported on another thread cropped up for me a
> > couple of times during the install, and I swear that I was asked a set of
> > debconf questions before the download, and then again before the install.
> > Some of the questions were the same and some were different...
>
> Well if those questions were asked by X, it's probably a debconf bug I
> just fixed in 0.9.1.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I saw these messages several times, and was
actually able to swipe one set with the mouse before it scrolled off the
screen. (these are sort of like that losetup error that's always cropping
up on the boot floppies from time to time. Annoying, but it doesn't really
effect the outcome)

> If they were asked by other things, like cvs, it's a bug in those
> packages.
>
> > Here's the error message I trapped:
> >
> >         (in cleanup) Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/ConfModule.pm line 476 during global destruction.
> >         (in cleanup) Can't call method "DESTROY" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Question.pm line 251 during global destruction.
>
> Innocuous warning messages, fixed in unstable for over one year, waiting
> for an Act Of God to get into testing, yada, yada.

Good to know there is a fix. I can appreciate the frustrations of having
work completed and not being able to distribute it. Isn't this a DFSG
compliance issue ;-)

> > he can resolve the required issues, while the rest of us can still apt-get
> > a working version from the Debian archives. This is, after all, exactly
> > the kind of "return to the Debian community" that Ian Murdock suggested
> > would be available with Progeny.
>
> I agree, that would be nice.

So, how do we impliment the integration of outside packages?

Waiting is,

Dwarf