Re: Recent Woody upgrade, TeTeX, XFree86, and Mozilla

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> 1. The Debconf errors reported on another thread cropped up for me a
> couple of times during the install, and I swear that I was asked a set of
> debconf questions before the download, and then again before the install.
> Some of the questions were the same and some were different...

Well if those questions were asked by X, it's probably a debconf bug I
just fixed in 0.9.1.

If they were asked by other things, like cvs, it's a bug in those
packages.

> Here's the error message I trapped:
>
>         (in cleanup) Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/ConfModule.pm line 476 during global destruction.
>         (in cleanup) Can't call method "DESTROY" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Question.pm line 251 during global destruction.

Innocuous warning messages, fixed in unstable for over one year, waiting
for an Act Of God to get into testing, yada, yada.

> he can resolve the required issues, while the rest of us can still apt-get
> a working version from the Debian archives. This is, after all, exactly
> the kind of "return to the Debian community" that Ian Murdock suggested
> would be available with Progeny.

I agree, that would be nice.

--
see shy jo