Re: Well done on new devel pages

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 10:17:59PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> The trick is that you don't need to support CSS to be able to look at
> pages using style sheets. If you do it correct, the document is structured
> as the document should be. Then I can view the page correctly with every
> html capable browser.

Yes, but you don't see it the same way. I don't like that. I guess my
opinion is contrary to just about every standard out there. <shrug> :)

> In fact file size is reduced because layout is done once, and imported
> into all html files with a link.

The viewers with CSS-compliant browsers still get to load those 2.9K... but
yes, the other ones don't, you're right.

> A simple but effective example is my own homepage. It looks great in lynx
> and mozilla.

Indeed, gecko displays it quite nicely, it looks fairly fine in konqueror,
and bearable in netscape.