Re: Well done on new devel pages

* Josip Rodin

| On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 05:33:56PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
| >  without forcing HTML into a presentation language. The only problem with
| >  CSS is the sorry support Netscape has for it.

Netscape 4.x doesn't support CSS, it supports JSS (Javascript
stylesheets), but it has a parser which interprets the attributes
matching 1:1 between CSS and JSS.

| Errr, what about lynx, links or w3m? Last I checked they didn't support it,
| either. So you'd have to make it look good with and without CSS, which is
| twice the work and would probably make an impact on file sizes.

(/me dreams about the text-mode Opera.. yes, it's non-free, but I like
it)

Both CSS and HTML is made to degrade gracefully, that is, if somebody
uses a browser without CSS support, he'll still see the content, but
it won't look the way the web page's author intended.  Which can't be
guaranteed anyhow (for instance, my browser allows me to specify a
user stylesheets which I can use to override the author's).

So you make it work without CSS and if you'd like it to look pretty,
you CSS it.  IMHO

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.