Re: Correct method for aborting package installation from maintainer scripts

    Matt> However, there exists a package Y, which depends on the
    Matt> library X.  It, too, has the problem of not being able to
    Matt> read older files if X is upgraded.  Y has the same upstream
    Matt> source as X, and they must be the same version in order to
    Matt> work.

Pre-depend Y on a specific version of X.  Then you're guaranteed of
having X correctly installed before Y can do anything.

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emporer just cause some moistened bint lobbed a
scimitar at me they'd put me away"