Re: Correct method for aborting package installation from maintainer scripts

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 10:20:12PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> > I have a library package, X, for which the latest version cannot read files
> > written by older versions (this is beta software).
>
> Does "beta" mean that "X" does not exist in potato?  (In such case I would
> not worry too much, only a little bit :-)

This is a new package, which does not exist in potato, so this is not a problem
for inter-release upgrades.  A bug was filed against the package by a user
running unstable, though, so the bug did affect someone, and I would like to
know how to handle this situation if it should come up in another package.  The
only idea that comes to mind is splitting the package and telling the user to
install the old one to work with their old files.

--
 - mdz